Write a Playbook App, earn bonuses for our Group!We had been remiss in posting details about a contest that Adobe recently extended the deadline for, where writing an AIR app for the Blackberry Playbook could get some cool bonuses for our group. The original deadline was Feb 1, now it's Feb 28th. Get those apps in and then fill out this form.
This ties in perfectly with our mobile development meeting that has been moved to February.
If you write and submit a Blackberry Playbook application (using Adobe AIR) before the product launch then RIM will give you a free Playbook [official details]…
Adobe had made the offer even better:
- Every Adobe User Group that submits at least one application will get an extra software raffle (up to $2,100) for 2011 (so 3 instead of 2)
Ten submitters drawn at random will get a free license for Flash Builder 4 Premium ($699 value)
- Three user groups get "a new mobile device" (no clarification on what device… for all I know it could be a phone, a Playbook or a Samsung Galaxy Tab) to raffle off at a meeting.
Applications must be submitted before February 28, 2011! Once you have completed the submission process to Blackberry AppWorld, fill out this form to enter Adobe's raffle. (Don't forget to enter that you're a member of Philly Flash Platform Group!)
Feel free to reply to this post with comments to let other group members know what kind of apps you're working on or would like to see created, or find people to collaborate with — feel free to say that you are interested in helping or are in search of help for your project.
For anyone interested in Playbook development, here is a collection of useful links:
- Develop for the BlackBerry® Tablet OS SDK for Adobe® AIR®
- My First App
- Device Integration
- UI Guidelines
- Blackberry App World Submissions
- Ask the community a question in the BlackBerry Developer Support Forums
- Identify any issues or problems with the development software in the BlackBerry Issue Tracker
- BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK Software, Simulator and Resources
- Flash Platform Development for BlackBerry Tablet OS
- ActionScript resources for the BlackBerry PlayBook
- Adobe AIR Developer Center
- AIR apps Sample Code
- Article to use Flex Builder Burrito for the BlackBerry PlayBook